Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Funny things...

Since I've been in Germany there are a few things that I've noticed about the people and the area.  I figured I'd share while I have a couple minutes....


1.  pretzels are everywhere.  apparently the pretzel is HUGE in Germany and areas fight over who has makes the best pretzels.
2.  most Europeans are stylish - at least the places I've been (France, Spain, Portugal, England).  Germans aren't as stylish as I thought they'd be.  they're VERY active - they're always jogging or biking - yesterday these four guys had been riding their bikes in full biking gear and were incredibly muddy, then stopped for a few beers.  also - teachers wear jeans and shorts in the schools here....very very casual.
3.  we walk EVERYWHERE.  (but that's nothing new)
4.  students here are JUST like students in America.  they dress the same, act the same...its crazy how similar they really are. 
5.  the "v" and "w" sounds are difficult for Germans.  while in a classroom the students were saying "wisit" instead of "visit."  it made me chuckle a little.
6.  the sirens here (on emergency vehicles) sound just like the ones that you hear in the movies.  everytime i hear one it makes me cringe a little bit because I'm afraid of the Nazis.


That's it for now.  I 'll post again later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment